Thursday, October 18, 2012

What kind of person is happy at 4 am?

It's beautiful for me to see the people awake at this hour. 4:24 am here, 8:24 am all along the east coast. Of course, these are my two reference points. And still. It's pretty. I'm awake and alone in my room, but just a wall away my roommate sleeps, and on the other side my two suite-mates sleep also. And all around we're spread; an interwoven blanket of experience, knit together by a thousand, thousand needles and more. When I imagine this we are all the glowing centers of our world view. At least, I hope we each glow to ourselves, at least occasionally...

It's been a long time since I've sat and read a book all the way through with only a blog and word checks to interrupt. In other words, to sit down and only record my thoughts and read, for about five straight hours. Right into the night. I won't be sleeping much tonight, I can tell already.

I'm thinking about that hidden thing in people that makes anyone capable of beauty. And how uncharitable I still am. I want to work harder at seeing others the way people who love them see them. I think it would be good if everyone tried that, at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment