Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Knights Awake

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

The dragons can be killed. I've slept about four hours in the last two days. To clarify, I slept four hours last night, and none the night before. I just have to remember the dragons can be killed.

I do this thing sometimes, cut my thumbnails down too low. There's a weird, hard layer of skin beneath the place your nail should not be separating from your finger. I cut the nail low, pull on it, dig that skin out. Luckily that's the worst of my self-harming habits. Because it apparently is "self-harm." I've been dwelling a little more than I want to be lately. But I am feeling a lot better after this evening. I am sad for some of the people I've spoken with today, but I had a good time with Elliot, a friend I've made up here. I told him why I haven't been sleeping. He's really one of the sweetest and most genuine people I've ever spoken too. A rare thing indeed. He's smarter than he realizes, I think, and very good company if you're feeling down. I think I just have to remember that talking about my nightmares is going to help get rid of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment